VICTIM ASSISTANCEThe Macomb County Crime Victims Rights Unit realizes that being a victim of a crime can be a very difficult time for most people. Victim assistance is an effort to help crime victims return to their normal way of life. We provide the opportunity for crime victims to express their concerns and problems and offer help.
- Provides information and help in filing for Michigan Crime Victims Compensation.
- Makes referrals to other community agencies for additional assistance.
- Gives information on how the court works and case status.
- Attends court at the victim’s request.
- Provides assistance in completing Victim Impact Statements for sentencing purposes.
- Provides assistance for the return of personal property.
- Provides information and assists in receiving restitution.
- Provides community awareness.